Welcome Katy Trail Community Health
We welcome Katy Trail Community Health as our latest client! Katy Trail Community Health provides a top-quality healthcare option to residents in west central Missouri. We are very happy to be able to help them automate their processes with FocalReview®.
We can help make your Compensation/Performance Planning time easier too. Let’s have a chat about first what you do, then what you want to do, then how we can help. With offices in California, the UK and India, one of us is always up and available to speak with you.
FocalReview® v8.3 Update
FocalReview® v8.3 is under development and on-track for release this Fall.
New functionality will include:
- Increased Employee Portal dashboard configurability
- Improved process flow via fewer clicks (better UX)
- Configurable Compounding Increases (which can be turned on/off)
- Goal management and
- Inclusion of Benefits information and much, much more!
We’re eager to demo these for you, just let us know a convenient day & time.
World at Work 2017
We had a great conference in Washington D.C. in May; thanks again to everyone who stopped by our booth (we were busy).
We apologize if we couldn’t speak with you at the time; it’s not too late to discuss FocalReview®, how we can help you and our plans for the next release.
Are you in, plan to have a presence in or have operations in England? We do – and if you do as well, we hope you’re up on the latest about England parting from the European Union (Brexit).
Last year, the vote to exit the EU passed and David Cameron, the Prime Minister, resigned. Theresa May took over as Prime Minister and she triggered the two year process of leaving the EU on March 29th. She set out her negotiating goals in a letter to the EU council president Donald Tusk. The UK now has under two years to negotiate its withdrawal and receive approval from the remaining 27 national parliaments in the EU. But no one really knows how the exit process will work – Article 50 was only created in late 2009 and it has never been used.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR becomes reality on May 25, 2018. Less than a year away. Computer Weekly ran a great article about 5 myths you’ll encounter on your GDPR compliance journey – click here to see the full article.
To summarize, the myths are:
- It is just about hacking. While hacking is certainly a focus, the GDPR also eliminates fees charged to individuals for access to their data from organizations. Responses to individual requests must be made within 30 days. If large numbers of individuals request their GDPR-free information, will organizations be able to process the requests within 30 days?
- It is all about avoiding fines. While the GDPR fines are eye-popping (up to 20 million Euros), the GDPR also requires customer notification of any breach(es). An organization could lose many customers to competitors after a breach. The hefty fines may then kick in.
- It is just an IT problem. With ‘Data’ in the title, the GDPR ‘sounds’ like an IT issue. But the GDPR really requires the entire organization to reassess all aspects of their client’s data, from where it is obtained, to how it is used, to who is it passed to, etc. The GDPR is much more than an IT problem.
- GDPR compliance is a job for the IT director. Actually, the GDPR mandates that public sector and certain other organizations name/create a Data Protection Officer and many provate forms are following suit.
- Compliance can be achieved very quickly. The GDPR requires organizations to reevaluate how they process personal data; this will require a multi-departmental effort across the organization. With only 11 months left before the GDPR becomes real, there is little time to delay.
Be advised that there is an emerging ransomware threat which is affecting many organizations globally.
The threat is believed to be a variant of Petya or Petrwrap and is being spread with the use of compromised credentials and/or systems unpatched for SMB vulnerabilities.
To protect your systems against this active threat, please ensure that:
- All Windows systems are fully patched (especially for MS17-010), and rebooted
- Antivirus software is running and is up to date on all Windows systems
- Systems connected via site-to-site or remote access VPN are fully patched and are running up to date antivirus
- VPN access control lists are in place and limit unnecessary ports, in particular SMB ports.
Techie Corner / Tool Tip
FocalReview® has a handy Menu Search functionality. Click anywhere in ‘Menus Search’ text in the black rectangle. Your cursor will be placed at the left side of the text. Start typing (I typed ‘di’).
Menu items containing the characters you type are immediately displayed. You can click on any of the results and you’ll be taken to that page immediately. I’ll click on ‘Email Audit’.
I’m taken directly to the Email Audit page in our Admin area.